The Companies: Monocle and Winkreative
We are a company of two parts. Monocle is a global media brand comprising print, digital and broadcast editorial and Winkreative is the agency focussed on creating brands for the high end of the market. Our mission is a simple one: to offer our clients a unique set of creative services and editorial solutions to connect with an informed, discerning and global audience. From London, Zurich and Tokyo, we are a tight, focussed albeit global team composed of editors, copywriters, art directors, designers, producers and publishing and account executives. A body of professionals in media and branding with a quest for quality and intelligence in everything we create.
The Brief and the role
To capitalise on a legacy of client work and media partnerships in Asia Pacific, we are recruiting for a Business Director to cultivate existing and new relationships in the region. This is a sales and business development role straddling both businesses. The position is based in our Tokyo office where a critical base of clients can be developed alongside outreach to other Asian nations.
Clients in state-making and government, placemaking, technology, transport, design, fashion and retail, jewellery and watches to name a few, may be interested in creative services from the agency or media partnerships with the magazine so a dynamic and considered approach is required to understand a client’s needs and present solutions through either one or both of our businesses. versatile and experienced business development and account manager to join our team based in our Zürich office. Brand strategy, creative direction and design and content creation on the Winkreative side and media sales for print, digital and broadcast and increasingly, bespoke content solutions on the Monocle side.
Areas of focus:
- Active and responsive development of business leads across Asia (specifically but not limited to Japan, Korea, Thailand, HK, Taiwan and Indonesia at present) for creative services work for Winkreative and media sales and partnerships for Monocle. This includes research and analysis of potential targets, outreach, relationship development and client service.
- Prepare credentials, participate and contribute to prospective client meetings and calls with CEO and Chairman and senior Winkreative and Monocle team; follow-up and proposal drafting through to contract negotiation and signing.
- Procurement and pitch development as required.
- Overall management of pipeline for Asia with reporting into Publisher (Monocle) and Managing Director (Winkreative); participate and contribute to finance and forecast meetings across the group.
- Proven sales success and solid commercial sensibility
- Fluent in English; Proficiency in Japanese (preferred) or other Asian language
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills; an engaging communicator
- A creative, critical thinker and engaging communicator
- Flexibility on travel to London and beyond
Please send covering letter and CV to Ariel Childs, Managing Director, [email protected]